My cousin Kirby Diablo gave me a great idea for a comic strip today. And by “gave me a great idea,” I mean he e-mailed me exactly what he wanted the characters to say and do & told me to draw it. It’s super blasphemous, just in time for Easter!
Tall tall building!
Tall tall building who?
I’m just a building. I don’t even have any name. I think I will just sit still.
Poop poop toilet.
Poop poop toilet who?
(CACOPHONOUS GALES OF LAUGHTER)
Reading an article about possible movies for Marvel’s “Phase 3,” and I just realized something - the original Nova’s name was Richard Ryder? “Dick” Ryder? Oh, to live in a more innocent time.
Some other thoughts on stuff from their list…
- Let’s see how Guardians of the Galaxy does before we get ahead of ourselves with talk of a Nova movie. Lest us forget, Green Lantern was a thing. And now, that film can never unhappen.
- Does anybody really want a Planet Hulk movie? We already got one, albeit animated, and it was… about as good as it was gonna be. I wasn’t a fan of the source material, but still. For that matter, does anyone really want another Hulk movie at all? Yeah, Mark Ruffalo was the best Hulk we’ve had yet, but if you’re REALLY gonna go forward with this gimme fuckin’ She-Hulk.
- While on the subject of She-Hulk, since Marvel has gone on record of saying they want a movie with a female superhero lead, fuck yes Ms. Captain Marvel. They’ve had so many opportunities to introduce Carol Danvers as your average human S.H.I.E.L.D. member (Cap’s 1 & 2, the TV show, Avengers) and for whatever reason they just haven’t. C’mon, guys - Katee Sackhoff is RIGHT THERE. And this is probably because I started reading comics in the 90s, but I don’t think you NEED Mar-Vell to get to Carol Danvers.
- While on the subject of Katee Sackhoff, much like “Richard Ryder,” her name makes me giggle because I’m actually 11 years old.
- I’ll concede that, while there probably ARE those out there who’d love to see Doctor Strange, Black Panther or Inhumans films, I don’t count myself among any of those people. I’d probably still go see a Doc Strange or Panther movie though. Fuck the Inhumans.
- Pretty sure we’ll be getting a Winter Soldier movie, and it’ll be called Captain America 3.
Goddamn, I gotta get myself to see Cap 2 already… and not fall asleep this time.
"As we all know, it’s very hard to skin a Wampa."
One night, while particularly inebriated, I decided it would be a wonderful idea to listen to ABBA and attempt to draw pixel art. Then, when that didn’t work (since I was particularly inebriated), I decided to listen to ABBA & draw the Super Mario cast as gritty 90s antiheroes, Rob Liefeld style. I had no recollection of this until some time later.